Mission, Vision, Values
To transform rural lives and livelihoods through the use of ICTs to empower the people with practical, ecologically sound and sustainable knowledge and opportunities to help themselves, their families and their communities.
We will continue to search out and innovate new ways in which the livelihoods and opportunities available to our users can be changed for the better:
- We will leave no stone unturned in our search for new revenue streams to support the delivery of our services and ensure these become ever more accessible to a wider and wider user base:
- We will never become reliant on a single revenue source which restrains our ability to continue with our services or deliver them impartially
- We will continuously strive to ensure that our services deliver incredible value to our customers by returning multiple times the benefits vs the cost to use:
- This value will be reinforced by ensuring all users are economically entwined with our services:
- Through affordable payments for the services which deliver large returns to them
- Through payments from us or third parties for services which they deliver to us or others
- Through a valued relationship with a third party which provides our services to farmers at a cost to themselves and perceived benefit to our end users
- We will embolden communities to change the way they live by embracing knowledge which empowers them to bring new opportunities to their communities:
- We will help them to coordinate and develop strengths and capabilities as a group where many can participate in the benefits of these new opportunities
- We will ensure that those who missed out on the opportunity to learn are once again given a chance to take their destiny into their own hands and benefit from their innate inquisitive nature
- We will work to ensure that significant value-addition can be supported in the remotest of areas through effective knowledge to reduce the need to centralize skills and earnings
- We will work to strengthen all players in a value-chain so that they can grow and provide more effective roles in the chain to the benefit of all:
- We will ensure that each step on a chain adds unique and effective value
- We will ensure that each step receives significantly more benefit through working for each other than working alone We will create a diverse and harmonious environment for our staff which empowers them and frees them to develop our dreams as equal partners in the success of the business
We aim to be credible, inclusive, transparent, action-oriented and positive in all our work:
- Our work is based on experience and evidence.
- We are independent.
- We act with integrity and independently across all groups and communities committed to action in agriculture value chains for development.
- We enable anyone and everyone to act positively, wherever they are and whatever their circumstances.
- We believe everyone is capable of incredible things.
- We work with partners that share our commitment to a sustainable future.
- We make the impact individuals have on society clear and easy to understand.
- The impact we make, both through our work and our own environmental footprint, is transparently reported.
- We walk the talk.
- Our focus is on actions people can take that make a positive difference to their environmental impact.
- Everyone can make a difference in a positive way.
- Achievable steps every day can make a difference.
- We believe a more sustainable world is a better world for all.